2. Contest Judging Criteria: Contest entries must be your own recipe. To help in creating contest entries, participants should focus on how to use French Fried Onions as a substitute for breadcrumbs with originality, detail, creativity and showcasing the best use of French's French Fried Onions. All contest entries will be judged on the following criteria, with equal weight given to each, in all rounds of judging:
i. overall quality of recipe
iii. originality of entry
iv. appropriateness of the entry to be used in connection with the French's Brand
Any submissions containing unsuitable language or inappropriate content of any kind will be disqualified, as determined by the contest judges in their sole opinion. Sponsor and Independent Judging Organization reserve the right to declare non-qualified entries (created under false pretenses or with false statements, obvious lack of effort, incomplete or inappropriate content, etc.) ineligible.
3. Contest Judging and Display: Entries will be judged according to the criteria listed above in all rounds of judging, under the supervision of BHGPR Inc., an independent organization whose decisions in all matters relating to this contest are final. In the event of a tie in any of the judging rounds, the tied entries will be re-judged using the identical criteria until the designated number of finalists and winners are determined. Entries will be judged at contest close. Top 20 recipes will be tested by the judging panel. Final judging to determine the Contest Grand Prize winner will be conducted approximately between January 15-31, 2009. Grand Prize winner will be contacted by email by BHGPR at the address supplied during entry, with follow-up notification sent by US Mail, and will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and liability/publicity release that must be returned and received within 14 days of the date mailed to the potential winner, or an alternate winning entry will be selected from the pool of finalists.
4. Verification and Publicity of Contest Entries: All submitted entries become the property of Sponsor, and will not be returned. Entries must be original, unpublished, and not previously or currently submitted for consideration in any other contest or promotion. Entries must be conceived and created entirely by the entrant, and may not be used or submitted to any other entity for concurrent publication or consideration. Sponsor and its subsidiaries or affiliates may publicize and edit any submitted entries in full or in part. By entering, participants (1) acknowledge that Sponsor, Judges, and/or www.frenchsfoods.com readers may develop or promote ideas, concepts, or products which are similar to any ideas, concepts, or products submitted as part of any contest entry; (2) to the fullest extent permitted by law, agree to release and indemnify Sponsor, Judges, and/or frenchsfoods.com readers from and against any and all liability arising out of any similar ideas concepts or products developed or promoted by Sponsor, Judges, and/or frenchsfoods.com readers; and (3) following the entry period selected submissions may be posted on www.frenchsfoods.com for viewing by visitors to the website.
5. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: Winner will receive an all-inclusive day trip for 4 to a theme park near them, including roundtrip ground transportation and VIP park passes. Twenty finalists will have their recipes featured on www.frenchsfoods.com - from this group, six will be chosen as top prize winners, including the grand prize winner plus five runners-up who will receive a $100 American Express gift check that can be used towards their weekly grocery bill. Winners are solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes on the value of their prizes. Grand Prize winner will be issued an IRS 1099-MISC tax form for the value of the prize won. Prizes or parts thereof may not be transferred or redeemed for cash. No substitution for prizes or parts thereof permitted, except by Sponsor in the event of unavailability. Prizes to be selected by Sponsor.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor, its promotion partners, independent judging organization, and their affiliates are not responsible for typographical errors in any promotion-related materials; for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or illegible entries or email; for technical, hardware, software, Internet, or telephone failures of any kind; for lost or unavailable network connections; or for failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions that may limit or interfere with a participant's ability to take part in the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify promotion if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the promotion, or corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, its promotion partners, related companies, agencies, and their respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion, or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof.
8. Winners List: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, send a postcard, only, with your name and address to: French's French Fried Onion Contest Winners List, c/o BHGPR, 546 Valley Road, Upper Montclair, NJ 07043. Requests must be received by February 25, 2009. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.
9. Sponsor: Reckitt Benckiser Inc. (USA), Morris Corporate Center IV, 399 Interpace Parkway, Parsippany, NJ 07054-0225
Copyright ©2014. All rights Reserved.